|PayPal is an alternative payment method offered by 7 million businesses around the world, and has more than 200M active accounts.|
To find out how to integrate with PayPal using our merchant API, see Integrating using the Merchant API and more specifically, the createPaymentRequest method.
PayPal Specific Notes
- After 29 days PayPal cancels any authorisation that has not yet been captured.
- After 3 days, an authorisation expires. You can still capture the transaction, but there's a higher risk that the capture is declined, for example due to insufficient funds.
- For refunds of partial captures, each refund cannot be greater than the largest partial capture. For example, if you make two partials captures of $40, and $30, and later want to make a refund of $60- you first have to refund $40, and then $20.
- For addresses in the United States, the Region parameter is represented by a two character ISO abbreviation. For more information, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:US.
- You can only use the same shop_orderid one time, if the transaction was successful.
Scope of Integration
The following features are not supported: